Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nicole Eva Jones Tremblay: Find your vision of romance and beauty with her music

[caption id="attachment_21100" align="alignleft" width="300"]Nicole Eva Jones Tremblay Nicole Eva Jones Tremblay[/caption]

Carol Forsloff----You are sitting in an elegant supper club in the middle of anywhere special. A strong, sensitive and sultry woman's voice and lyrical piano notes fill the room as you listen and let the music pour through you, while you peer through the windows into the moonlight's dancing with the night. You dream of love and all good things. That's an an evening with the music of Nicole Tremblay, and an evening you won't ever forget.


Nicole's is the beauty of voice, spirit, face and figure that women admire and men desire, with the character and personality that wraps all those wonderful qualities into a bundle for all to enjoy. I know this woman from Internet contacts, but more than that from a reaching out, conversing and getting to know the richness of this woman, a delight for any reporter to share, as memories of her music integrate with early morning chores.


I asked Nicole to tell me of her musical background, so all of us might learn the inside out of that elegant, supper club wonder, that often makes many of us curious when we hear a voice as hauntingly beautiful as hers. Her answers underline the richness of experience and the joys of music that can touch us in many ways, as her music touches us. This is her narrative of that music life, from a French-speaking woman whose English allows us to appreciate even more the language and musical skills we find in Nicole's masterpiece of work.




I started playing piano at age three, then had piano lessons at five years old until I was 16. At age 16, I was teaching piano and started playing in a rock band at the same age. But I was not singing as a soloist then, or even part of a band, as I was only singing in a church choir and playing the organ every Sunday.


in the band i was just playing piano and synthesizers, and I have never stopped since those early days..


My parents were my biggest fans, and they continued to support me when I performed in clubs. They followed me everywhere until they died. They paid for my music lessons, then became my greatest supporters throughout my music life until they passed away.


I have performed in bands for 15 years. After that I became part of a duo with my husband, who plays the keyboard, sings and is an amazing soundman. For the past 5 years, I have also had a parallel career as a jazz singer with jazz musicians well-known in Quebec and Montreal.


II have also been a solo performer in restaurants where I play piano and work with tracks. In addition I write songs, as I have been doing since I was 16 years old.


I am a big fan of music variety shows, as my biggest motivation and passion is my music. It has saved my life a few times, and at one time in my life it seemed that was all I had.


My favorite singer and musical performer is Carol Welsman. She's from Toronto, Canada. I also enjoy the music of Diana Krall, but earlier in my life I listened to some rock groups like Pink Floyd, King Cromson, Franck Zappa, and Jethro Tull. The first album I enjoyed was that of Oscar Peterson and also Dave Brubeck.


So I have a rockinfluence and i always loved jazz..


I am the only member in my family who plays and sings. I have three older sisters; none of them have any interest of what I'm doing . I'm the black sheep.


I am a member of the Fandalism family and my duo with my husband. We call ourselves “Nick of Time.”


i play, I sing, i breathe, I eat music all the time. It is always on my mind. I am obsessed with it. It's my life and virtually all I want or even think about. I have no other recreation. I painted a long time ago, but I don't any more. Music is really what I love the most.


Music is also business, but the problems in some ways have become overwhelming. There are so many videos that people don't listen anymore. They watch. Also there is too much exploitation of women in some of the videos that I simply abhor.


I' m member of the SOCAN here in CANADA, a musician's organization that allows me to protect my work and affords me opportunities to learn more about the business of music.


I would encourage young musicians and singers to be themselves and believe in their dreams.


My personal goal is to stay healthy enough so I can sing and play music until I am an old lady, and that won't be for another 99 years! And I will do my best with music until I die, as music has been good to me, a partner of my life since I was three years old, through the ups and downs and exigencies of life. Fame wasn't my goal; freedom has been, and music has given me my freedom.


I also have no children, so my legacy is my music, my songs; and those never die..



Find her here http://fandalism.com/evajones or look for her in that special place, that evening of delight in your dreams or in a club somewhere beautiful, that fits the sounds and charms of Nicole Eva Jones Tremblay.

4 comments:

  1. Love Nicole's voice....Classy lady...My kind of Music....lovely to see this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article about a major talent! Nicole's passion for music is evident with every song she performs, and those who listen cannot help but anticipate her next release. She has a voice that ears become addicted to, and hearts are drawn to. Nicole, you are an amazing musician!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole Tremblay aka Eva Jones - is so the real deal!! Exquisite voice, remarkable pianist, beautiful in body and spirit, excellent song writer and incredible collaborator. I know because I have collaborated with her and my musical partnership with her has been some of the best and most wonderful musical experiences of my life. This is such a wonderful article and lets us get inside of the woman who gets inside of us every time she opens her mouth to sing - and has become one of my closest friends. It is easy to see why music means so much to her - because she gives so much to music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful article about an amazingly talented and beautiful lady. Nicole starts to play and sing and the world stops til the music ends. I am proud to call her a friend even though we have never met. ON Facebook and Fandalism we are blessed when she posts a song...Keep it up Nicole...I'm with you about singing until I get old and that is a LOOOONG time away yet. Another wonderful piece about a fellow musician Carol...you are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Say something constructive. Negative remarks and name-calling are not allowed.